ZX81v2's OPL Compatibility List

ZX81v2

Staff member
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A9QXwng28pEt-fl_x-sc13MtyWb-b5qDNJgM_xSzQ6o/edit#gid=0

This list was made for OPL 0.8 but can be used to figure out OPL 0.9.x MODE changes if they are still incompatible.

When I get a couple of spare HDD's I'll be Adding stuff to this list and it will be updated. I have at least 3TB of new PS2 stuff I gotta test n repack

Hope this is of use

ZX81v2

f37af1ad36.png

This is totally of great help. Thanks! I use both from time to time, but mostly have migrated to HDL mostly I believe. It's been a while booting up the ol' system.

I was wondering if someone could help me... My computer is broken so I can't look at the list. I'm posting from PS4.
Could someone check if the game Vexx is on the list, and what OPL mode and UDMA/MDMA it lists? I'd be really thankful

Oh and hi ZX. The list is still very useful. Thanks

OPL 0.8 > Triangle on the game, change UDMA 4 to MDMA 0 - MODE 3 ON
This should sort the video stutter.

MODE 3 basically removes OPL from memory after you load the game. Meaning it reads to correct memory address's if locked.*

*Game loads a file to a set memory location, if OPL is still resident it causes crash.

OPL 0.9.x I don't know if you can change the UDMA 4 to MDMA 0 as I don't use it, well, rarely.
OPL 0.8 is stable enough for majority of games I have tested. This was the reason I didn't make a 0.9 list.

UDMA is basically the read speed of data. UDMA 4 is standard, some games like Devil May Cry will crash on load at first screen if this setting is UDMA 4, so you drop to MDMA 0 to slow the access.
Starwars Battlefront can spag out sometimes loading from SATA drive if UDMA 4 is set. Loads perfectly with MDMA 0 set. Hope this explains. Glad you folks are still using my list :)

First thing you do if a game don't load... Drop to MDMA 0 and turn MODE 3 on, try again
ZX81v2

Back