Matrix Infinity, Modbo 5 help

UKRobbie

Hello, I am a Console Modder from the UK.
I have modded two systems with a Modbo 5 and a system with a Matrix Infinity that says it's genuine on the selling website page.

The problem I am having is, I believe the Modbo 5 chip is a clone from the Matrix Infinity and you can't upgrade the firmware on them. But I have gone and set the settings on one of the systems to VGA and I can't get it back working again, all I am having is a black screen on the TV. Anyway I have tired going into recovery by holding the reset button down until the blue LED light shows. For some unknown region it's not going into recovery and straight to the PS2 menu.

The same is happing with the Matrix Infinity, can not get into recovery by pressing down the reset button.
On the Matrix Infinity system I have tried updating the firmware. But it will just show a fail programming message. Any ideas on what to do? I'm starting to hate this Modchip and the Modbo 5 altogether.

The Matrix Infinity is a blue chip with about 20 solder pads around it.
Is it a clone or a genuine?

Link to Matrix Infinity Modchip page: https://www.shop01media.com/en/genuine-Matrix-Infinity-PS2-mod-chip

Thank you

Not sure but from what i have read you can access the chip menu by holding down the triangle and circle button, of course you still won't be able to see but if you can remember the options was there a option to disable it. Maybe a youtube vid with someone going through the options could help you guess it ??

The modbo i think cant be re-flashed and a mi chip only can if its original. You need the disc also to flash in recovery but it sounds like you know all this.

Edit - one page i found on another site gave this info but not sure if it will help:
----------------------------
The console is working fine, the problem is your display can't cope with the vga resolution, go through the steps below.

1) Power on the ps2 while holding both the Triangle & Circle buttons - hold for 4 seconds.

2) then release and press X once

3) now press "Start" button and wait 3 seconds; then hit reset and see if the tv displays a picture.
-----------------------

Hope some of this helps as it sounds like a sucky problem. I have some clone chips but never got round to using them myself. I think most of us here use the fmcb method with a HDD and esr patching etc.

Back