It happened again!

skullz613

Was moving some PSP games to my 4TB and suddenly the transfer rate dropped to kb's then nothing. Chucked it into hard disk sentinel and found over 50000 bad sectors. Only 1500 so were weak sectors so I knew there was gonna be some damage. Tried accessing it in Windows but got nothing. Managed to save one folder of PDF's using Paragon but have lost over 3TB of console and PC games, Applications, TV Shows, and various other stuff. Whats annoying is a few of the TV Shows I'll never get back unless I'm really lucky in finding them again and the hard to find PC and console games.

Tried using hard disk sentinel to reinitialize the drive but there's to many bad sectors.

Might have to ask around here a few times once I have some storage sorted out. I will never buy drives over 2TB again. Going to stick with five or more 1TB drives and use a docking station. Let the hunting for games begin!

Sorry to hear that dude, spoiled drives can be a pain in the ass, that's the main reason I prefer SSDs, you don't have to deal with that shit (bad sectors and stuff) that's why they're quite expensive... Anyways, getting 1TB drives sounds like a better deal, hope you'll get em' soon man, good luck! :)

I bought a 2TB drive to backup everything I have and just keep postponing it. I have about 1TB of data without a backup copy.

I luckily had a ton of games on the PSP so it will save a little time. PS2 games are converted and sitting on a shared network partition so should be able to convert them back to ISO format. My Wii has just about the whole lot of games I had for it sitting on an external and the SD card has tons of those smaller games.
Xbox has quite a few games on it but if there's any missing, there's three torrents around that have pretty much all the games.

I can pickup second hand 1TB drives pretty cheap here in NZ so will start collecting them in a few weeks. Got a few bills to clear first.
In the mean time I have a 1TB sata laptop drive to get me started.

I thought about a NAS setup but I may just end up getting my spare PC going again and use shared drives. If I'm too paranoid in having drives being on all the time, I may go down the road of using only a dock and having drives stored on a shelf.

Zerohour2k12 said:
Sorry to hear that dude..... you should have a backup online too! Well, Good Luck on the hunt!

I have a few mega accounts and 4shared but unfortunately none of the stuff I lost is on them.

Back