Need help with installing a bigger hdd

Greetings all for a while I have been waiting to upgrade a hard drive into my OG Xbox. The issue I am having is I have a modern computer with no ide and I need insight as to how to upgrade with a usb to ide adapter. Anyone who has done this and can give me some insight as to what has worked for you specifically I would appreciate it.

XBOXHDM2 is what you want, it supports USB

And here is a guide on the tube of you.....Not my work....

My advice would be to use CHIMP. Therefore not needing your PC. You basically use a linux disk to boot your console then hotswap the dvd drive for the new hard drive then clone the existing hard drive to your new one. Let me know if you need a guide but I am sure there is one on here.

@"Domspun" which one do you have I have tried 1 myself with no luck. I would like to do computer its much more my speed chimp is not great with how my setup is and I dont like the idea of it.

i only use the startech brand adapters. all others i have tried havent worked on larger harddrives. (500gb plus)

if your xbox is hardmodded (Tsop'ed or chipped) just connect the harddrive. pop in auto installer deluxe or Hexen. Format then install the dash of your choice.

IloveGames said:
@"Domspun" which one do you have I have tried 1 myself with no luck. I would like to do computer its much more my speed chimp is not great with how my setup is and I dont like the idea of it.

Well. The first thing you have to say is what System software you have and/or if its modded. If it is already modded, it will be easier.

Essentially, my guess is you want to softmod or upgrade your softmodded hdd. You need the core system files, eeprom, and other files first.

Use XboxHDM23USB beta 2/3 (images credits to KaosEngineeer)

To clone HDD use Chimp

But...Carefull using XboxHDM. Always backup files, then check data integrity after and before. There was a bug, years ago that changed the filename of some partition structure, bringing error 14, 16 & 21. I dont know if this was already fixed.

In my case, I had to use xplorer360 application to access hdd and fix the errors. Partition3 is the dashboard.

PS. You don't need a chip for what you want.

Back