Newcomer (C64 game)

Jaydee777

Site Supporter
This game looks very interesting. I have never ever tried this. It took seven disks, 14 sides and one disk for save-games.

Next time when I'll transfer data from my PC to floppies to play on C64 this is the one I should give a try. I assume a terrible loading times and disk swapping.

Newcomer2.png

Newcomer3.png

Description

Newcomer is a RPG by Cinematic Intuitive Dynamix. The development time was 10 years and it is 7 disks long. Major sections of the game have lengthy animated cut scenes. The Game engine is very powerful and pushes the C64 to its limits.

Newcomer has the destinction of being the largest C64 game in terms of total disk count at the time of its release and may have had the longest development cycle of any professionally produced game.

The game is so huge that it can take weeks or even months to "beat." Even then you've only experienced one of several possible endings.

Newcomer is a RPG by Cinematic Intuitive Dynamix. The development time was 10 years and it is 7 disks long. Major sections of the game have lengthy animated cut scenes. The Game engine is very powerful and pushes the C64 to its limits.

Newcomer has the destinction of being the largest C64 game in terms of total disk count at the time of its release and may have had the longest development cycle of any professionally produced game.

The game is so huge that it can take weeks or even months to "beat." Even then you've only experienced one of several possible endings.

Story

Neil is a newcomer to a prison island. Why is he here? Confusion, blurry images... jealousy! Now he remembers — he killed his unfaithful wife and her lover in a fit of rage. He is arrested for the crime. But something is wrong, as he wakes up on the island and not in a holding cell.

Get it from HERE

Back