Movies structured like vgames ?

^^ never watched Enemy Mine, ill try it :)

@Nux, now i must counterbalance Wreck-it Ralph and Spy Kids 3d (both ok :) ) with some mature-only stuff...

Hotel Inferno is a gory splatter first person B movie decent imo
[video=youtube]
and his sequel 'Cathedral of pain' seems even better,
but i havent watched it yet :)

Nux said:
I was thinking, I know this will sound silly and all, but does Wreck-It Ralph count as a movie structured like vgame? I love all about that movie and is fun too, although I'm not sure if its based on a real life video game lol is it? if is not then.. damn! would be a neat idea for a game hehe :p
Sucker Punch

just watched 'Mortal Engines' movie, and characters, locations and story too seemed to me a Final Fantasy setting...
not bad imo

Hey
lead_720_405.jpg

The recent Matthew McConaughey film, Serenity ...can't really explain why without spoilers, but at the same time it's a hard film to recommend as it straddles the line of "bad-but-enjoyable" and "just-not-good".

^^ i remember to have watched 'the last starfighter' for the first time due your link on tiz Sasa, i liked it :)
about final fantasy cg movies, did not like too much 'the spirit within', i found it... boring; i liked instead 'advent children', a decent afterstory of ff7

personal opinion, of course

For starters there's Hardcore Henry, apparently filmed like an FPS game, haven't seen it yet but it's definitely something I wanna check out one of these days.
Then there's the anime Made in Abyss, which no matter how you look at it is almost definitely a rejected PS2 JRPG pitch that got reworked into an anime.

^^ Hardcore Henry is imo good, it strangely reminded me Namco Breakdown

The Cube is another movie imo structured like vgame, with his particular trap-rooms maze, i like it (only the first one)

SleepyFist said:
Then there's the anime Made in Abyss, which no matter how you look at it is almost definitely a rejected PS2 JRPG pitch that got reworked into an anime.

Made In Abyssmore video game inspired; BTOOOM!, Swordart Online, etc ...and I can't recommend highly enough the recent Highscore Girl - not so much video game inspired as it is a loveletter to arcades and video games of the early nineties.

[video=youtube]

Forgot about this one, watched again a couple of days ago

Frankenstein's Army (2013)
its another imo good example of movie/game well combined

[video=youtube]

Back