When music helps/go beyond gameplay

Ecco the Dolphin on Sega CD - damn, when I first played that game and heard the music, I popped it into my CD player, and it was quite an experience for me. I felt a similar effect when playing Secret of Evermore for SNES

the Seven gates of Jambala - Amiga
the entire soundtrack of this game is AMAZING

game over tune here
[video=youtube]

Baten Kaitos - Gamecube
amazing j-rpg with particular card battle system

battle tune!
[video=youtube]

Again..... I may sound like lazy when I play but, This really is a good enough reason to just run around the field and listen... :D
[video=youtube]

Rise of the Triad (1995 original version) - music from episode 1 area 1 - In the Thick of it

[video=youtube]

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus - Millia Rage's theme

[video=youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Flashback - AMAZING platform game
from the creator of Another World (another classic)

options tune - Amiga
[video=youtube]

in this case the joystick/joypad remain glued in hands
hypnotic tune, whatever version you choose :)

Bubble Bobble, here in C64 version
[video=youtube]

Although it wasn't originally a gaming song, it's such a great gameplay + track combo I just had to post it here. :D
[video=youtube]

Phantasy star online (DC)
this game gave his best as title say in online form, but some people doesnt know that its fun to play also offline
end-level bosses grant great battles !

the end tune is amazing imo
[video=youtube]

Ridge Racer Type 4 for PS1 had awesome soundtrack and here are my two favorite tunes:

[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]

ghost-jesus said:
ACZ has the most unique soundtrack though hence why I mentioned it

Have to agree here , i dont remeber playing this game,but this music is fantastic , probably from one of final fights , because when i close ayes and lisen, i can imagine some epic dogfight ! :sun:

[video=youtube]

^^ Ace Combat guru here around :)

today i'll go little back, 1985, with 'Beyond the forbidden forest'; this amazing game (amazing like his 1983 prequel 'Forbidden forest') has short but powerful tunes spreaded in his entirely playthrough

here the c64 longplay (7 mins!)
[video=youtube]

SasaPinjic said:
ghost-jesus said:
ACZ has the most unique soundtrack though hence why I mentioned it
its the last mission, and unlike the previous game the best guitar tune is at the end of the game
the mission is set above the Avalon Dam nuclear launch site after you destroy the dam, Larry Foulke is controlling a nuclear launch in the ADFX-02 Morgan prototype, equipped with SWBMs, the Morgan Tactical Laser System, as well as upgraded missiles, the battle concludes after the V2 has been launched and the only way to stop the missile is to defeat him.

[video=youtube]

Oh yes,i remember now, i DID play this game , but it was a long time ago, at least 6-7 years ago .
Finished in 2-3 days i belive ,most of time spended on last mission, i remember you have to shoot damn plane from HIS front.
But i tought that was Ace Combat 5 , i mix them up lol .
Nevertheless , great music .

Back