When music helps/go beyond gameplay

Rambo - first blood part 2 - Commodore 64
first original game buyed (with Pitfall 2)
ingame music ❤️
[video=youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good God how could i miss witcher 3? Its probably the best soundtrack in a decade or more! :p

[video=youtube]

IMO an absolute masterpiece of not just music but of a entire gaming culture

Final Fight - Amiga
the game itself is a BIG turd, the only good thing is the intro music
[video=youtube]

All great songs above ^^ tbh most people just enjoyed the outstanding games for the C64, but without the music elements it would have had no flavor at all like this one from Monty on the Run for instance:
[video=youtube]
Remember that game? Its just amazing! :p

EDIT By ZX81v2

https://www.endangermice.co.uk/motr-remake/index.html << Monty On The Run 2018 Remake :)

Music in Last Ninja series for C-64 is all, because there is no sound effect,at all.
Good thing it is awesome,just to post one :

[video=youtube]

Golden Axe first level tune - Wilderness (Amiga version): Unique version of 'Wilderness' for Commodore 64 that plays during title screen:

[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]

I always liked these two versions more than original arcade and Sega Mega Drive/Genesis versions, especially this one for C64, which is composed by Jeroen Tel.

^Dude that's dope with a quite nostalgic darky atmosphere, makes me wanna sample it and make a more darker version of that. ++
How about some Mega Man time!? :p
[video=youtube]

When a Happy and Chill Platformer's Atmosphere changes to Creepy all of a sudden.... :ghostface: :ghostface: :ghostface:
Shantae and The Pirate's Curse - Unfinished Buisness
[video=youtube]

Leander - main menu tune (Amiga)
this good game has also a Megadrive port, called Galahad
[video=youtube]

Two tunes from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist for Sega Mega Drive (Genesis)

[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]

Cowabunga! :D

Back